Credit Union Register
Links to Federal Register notices and information of interest to credit unions. These include proposed and final rules, guidance and other information. If you find this site useful, feel free to link it or send the bookmark to others.
Friday, December 30, 2011
Thursday, December 29, 2011
CFPB correction to interim final rule (Regulation M)
OFAC blocked persons designation
President's Advisory Council on Financial Capability to meet
President to nominate 2 to Federal Reserve Board
President signs 'mini' omnibus bill
Wednesday, December 28, 2011
NCUA websites on corporate resolution activities
Clean audit report for Temporary Corporate Credit Union Stabilization Program
NCUA proposed rule, Regulatory Flexibility Program
Tuesday, December 27, 2011
CFPB interim final rule, Regulation E
NCUA information collection, large credit union financials and board packages
FDIC update of failed institutions list
Friday, December 23, 2011
U.S. Central Bridge winding down payment services
NCUA technical amendments updating low-income designation regulations
Thursday, December 22, 2011
NCUA proposed rule, loan participations
NCUA advance notice of proposed rulemaking, maintaining access to emergency liquidity
NCUA final rule, corporate credit unions
CFPB interim final rule on truth in lending
12/22/11: Truth in Lending (Regulation Z). Interim final rule with request for public comment. Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. This is another step in the transfer of consumer financial services rules to the bureau.
Wednesday, December 21, 2011
Additional rules transfer to CFPB
12/21/11: Notice and rules. Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
- Notice of Proposed Privacy Act System of Records.
Effective 01/30/12 unless comments result in other determination; comments are due 01/20/12. PDF Text
- Privacy of Consumer Financial Information (Regulation P). Interim final rule with request for public comment. PDF Text
- Truth in Savings (Regulation DD). Interim final rule with request for public comment. PDF Text
- Fair Credit Reporting (Regulation V). Interim final rule with request for public comment. PDF Text
- Equal Credit Opportunity (Regulation B). Interim final rule with request for public comment. PDF Text
- Interstate Land Sales Registration Program (Regulations J, K, and L). Interim final rule with request for public comment. PDF Text
NCUA revises 2012 board meeting schedule
FHFA final rule, Federal Home Loan Bank housing goals
Bank regulators' proposed rule on risk-based capital, alternatives to credit ratings
12/21/11: Risk-Based Capital Guidelines: Market Risk; Alternatives to Credit Ratings for Debt and Securitization Positions. Notice of proposed rulemaking. FDIC, Federal Reserve Board, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency.
Comments are due 02/03/12. PDF Text
Tuesday, December 20, 2011
NCUA liquidates Birmingham Financial FCU
CFPB interim final rule, RESPA
12/20/11: Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (Regulation X). Interim final rule with request for public comment. This transfers RESPA rules to the CFPB from the Department of Housing and Urban Development, makes changes in conformance with the Dodd-Frank Act.
Monday, December 19, 2011
NFIP 6-month extension in Senate-passed spending package
12/19/11: Flood insurance program still open. The president over the weekend signed two continuing resolutions, a one-day extension to 12/17/11 of federal government funding followed by a second extension to 12/23/11. Meanwhile, the House and Senate last week passed H.R. 2055, a "mini" omnibus spending package that includes an extension to 05/31/12 for the National Flood Insurance Program. The package awaits the president's signature.
NCUA issues prohibition order
Friday, December 16, 2011
NCUA Board seeks comments on RegFlex, loan participations, liquidity access for insured CUs
- Summary PDF Text
- Final Rule – Part 704 of NCUA’s Rules and Regulations, Corporate Credit Unions. Item 1a; Item 1b
- NCUA Strategic Plan 2011-2014. Item 2a; Item 2b
- NCUA Annual Performance Budget 2012. Item 3a; Item 3b
- National Security Delegations of Authority. Item 4
- Request from Henrico Federal Credit Union to Expand its Community Charter. Item 5
- Proposed Rule – Parts 701, 703 and 742 of NCUA’s Rules and Regulations, Reg Flex Relief. Item 6a; Item 6b
- Proposed Rule – Parts 701 and 741 of NCUA’s Rules and Regulations, Loan Participations. Item Item 7a; Item 7b
- Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking, Part 741 of NCUA’s Rules and Regulations, Maintaining Access to Emergency Liquidity. Item 8a; Item 8b
- 2012 Budget for NCUA Guaranteed Note Securities Management and Oversight. Item 9
- Insurance Fund Report. Item 10a; Item 10b
NCUA picks CO-OP Financial Services as acquirer of online, mobile bill payment services of U.S. Central subsidiary
CFPB interim final rule, fair debt collection practices
12/16/11: Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (Regulation F). Interim final rule with request for public comment. Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
CFPB interim final rule, disclosure requirements for non-federally insured institutions
12/16/11: Disclosure Requirements for Depository Institutions Lacking Federal Deposit Insurance (Regulation I). Interim final rule with request for public comment. Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
CFPB interim final rule, mortgage advertising, assistance relief services
12/16/11: Mortgage Acts and Practices--Advertising (Regulation N); Mortgage Assistance Relief Services (Regulation O). Interim final rule with request for public comment. Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
OFAC blocked persons designation
Thursday, December 15, 2011
NCUA grants Catalyst Corporate FCU exclusive right to acquire Western Bridge Corporate
NCUA approves merger of Treasure State Corporate into Kansas Corporate
12/15/11: Treasure State Corporate CU, Kansas Corporate CU to merge. NCUA. Merger of the two set to take effect 01/01/12. Treasure State is in Helena, Mont.; Kansas Corporate is in Wichita, Kan. Kansas Corporate will be the continuing institution.
OFAC blocked persons designation lifted
Wednesday, December 14, 2011
CFPB proposed information collection, mortgage servicing forms and disclosures
12/14/11: Qualitative Testing of Mortgage Servicing Related Model Forms and Disclosures. Submission for OMB Review; Comment Request. Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Comments are due 01/13/12. PDF Text
NCUA Board revises 12/14 closed meeting agenda
Tuesday, December 13, 2011
FHFA public use database field changes
12/13/11: Notice of Order: Revisions to Enterprise Public Use Database Incorporating High-Cost Single-Family Securitized Loan Data Fields and Technical Data Field Changes. Supplementary notice. Federal Housing Finance Agency.
Updates information published in 09/28/11 Federal Register. PDF Text
NCUA December newsletter online
Monday, December 12, 2011
NCUA legal opinion on CUSO trustee activity
NCUA Board open meeting agenda for 12/15 (Federal Register notice)
FDIC Deposit Insurance Fund designated reserve ratio
Friday, December 9, 2011
NCUA Board open meeting agenda for 12/15
12/09/11: Open board meeting agenda. NCUA.
Open meeting is 10 a.m. 12/15/11. Link
- Final Rule – Part 704 of NCUA’s Rules and Regulations, Corporate Credit Unions.
- NCUA Strategic Plan 2011-2014.
- NCUA Annual Performance Budget 2012.
- National Security Delegations of Authority.
- Request from Henrico Federal Credit Union to Expand its Community Charter.
- Proposed Rule – Parts 701, 703 and 742 of NCUA’s Rules and Regulations, Reg Flex Relief.
- Proposed Rule – Parts 701 and 741 of NCUA’s Rules and Regulations, Loan Participations.
- Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking, Part 741 of NCUA’s Rules and Regulations, Maintaining Access to Emergency Liquidity.
- 2012 Budget for NCUA Guaranteed Note Securities Management and Oversight.
- Insurance Fund Report.
NCUA publishes prohibition order
Thursday, December 8, 2011
CFPB proposed policy statement, disclosure of credit card complaint data
NCUA Board 12/14 closed meeting agenda
OFAC final rule, Sudanese sanctions regulations
Wednesday, December 7, 2011
NCUA video on resources from the Office of Small Credit Union Initiatives
FFIEC notice of Appraisal Subcommittee meeting
Tuesday, December 6, 2011
NCUA OIG sends semiannual report to Congress
O.U.R. FCU liquidated
OFAC blocked persons designation
FOMC keeps rates unchangedm
Monday, December 5, 2011
CFPB request for information, streamlining of inherited regulations (Federal Register notice)
NCUA information collection (reinstatement)
NCUA information collection, corporate FCU chartering
NCUA information collection, Consumer Response Center
FDIC notice of 12/07 open meeting
Friday, December 2, 2011
NCUA releases 3Q call report data
Joint task force to combat HAMP scams, consumer fraud alert
12/02/11: Joint task force to fight Home Affordable Modification Program scams, fraud alert. Office of the Special Inspector General for the Trouble Assets Relief Program, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Treasury.
Federal Housing Finance Agency repeal of regulations
Thursday, December 1, 2011
NCUA liquidates BCT FCU
CFPB interim report on credit-card complaint data, proposed policy statement
12/01/11: Interim report on consumer credit card complaints, proposed policy statement. Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Report gives a summary from first three months of the CFPB's consumer complaint response activities. The policy statement addresses disclosure of complaint data.
The policy statement proposal will be published in the Federal Register. Comments are due 01/30/12.